Janus | An Titils XIV
In my Janus collection, I am pulling forward an elaborate, colorful and detailed abstracted landscape. As a work becomes fully realized, I begin to apply a veil of white, masking most of the work that lies beneath, pushing it back into the void for which it came. In this, my work discusses the mysterious, and how we place our faith. The veil is not intended to be deceptive or create space between the unknown and us; instead it is a tool to begin a conversation. What does it take to trust stories over our immediate perceptions? Why does the story matter at all?
This collection has prints and originals that have been collected by Marriot Hotels, Hilton Hotels, and Norwegian Cruiseliners.
- Oil + Gold Leaf on hot-pressed watercolor paper.
- This work was painted in Skagastrond, Iceland, while Leah was on artist residency.
- Gorgeous custom frame by Wonka Gallery
- Float framed 2" deep, 27.75" x 35.75"
- This piece has been exhibited in the Oceanside Museum of Art
From Leah: Hello! I have video closeups of all of my Janus series. If you are interested in a peak, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the painting number in the subject line + request it. I hope to hear from you!
This product is unavailable